Helping you see the world, one experience at a time.
UNPACK ONCE AND VISIT DIFFERENT CITIES AND EXPERIENCE INCREDIBLE ACTIVITIES.
Cruises are a perfect vacation for anyone who wants the best of both worlds: included meals and activities, but also the opportunity to visit different places. And yes, you only need to unpack once - how cool is that?
Many cruise lines are focused on families with kids of all ages. They offer activities, kids' clubs, and pools... some ships even have a waterpark inside! Surf pools, ice skating rink, transparent water slide, the magician shows, Disney character dining, Broadway shows... the possibilities are endless! Family cruises range from basic ships that go 2-3 days to the Bahamas to luxury ones that can go to Alaska, Hawaii, or even Europe (and transatlantic).
No matter your choice, the adventure on the high seas will be unforgettable and a topic of conversation for many and many dinners to come.
From Casinos to comedy shows to lounges and dance bars to great spa services and adults-only areas, couples will definitely be entertained.
Some cruise lines offer single staterooms so you don't have to pay an extra fee if you are planning to travel by yourself. Or pick any cruise and bring a friend! You will have so much fun with all the activities, shows, bars, lounges, and shore excursions!
I like to say the majority of cruises are "very inclusive" instead of "all-inclusive". The main restaurant is included, as well as most of the activities and concerts/shows. Beverages are not included*, tips are not included, and any excursion that you decide to do at the ports. Different cruise lines include different things.
*Disney Cruise Line includes non-alcoholic beverages in the price!
The Luxury Cruise Lines will be more of an all-inclusive with all meals, drinks, gratuities, and shore excursions included. Check the LUXURY CRUISES, CLICK HERE.
IS IT WORTH IT?
The short answer is yes! You get so many things for the price and get to visit different places in a short period of time without all the hassle of handling transportation. Cruises are usually a very good investment. And there are so many options depending on your budget, destinations, and travel style, it's hard to mess it up with good planning :-)
WHICH CRUISE LINE IS THE BEST?
Now, this is a difficult question! Because it really DEPENDS. The great thing about working with a travel agent like me is that you don't have to be guessing around which one you should go on! With a little bit of information, I will be able to make a recommendation on what feels like a better option for you. But trying to summarize a bit here just to give you an idea:
- Carnival is more budget-friendly, it got a bad reputation from many years ago but they have really stepped up with better ships, better service, and more entertainment.
- Royal Caribbean tends to be a touch more upscale. Some of the ships are more basic and some offer more activities and entertainment which would appeal more for families with kids and teens.
- Norwegian offers basic and different itineraries and is usually the cruise line of choice if interested in beverage packages since it often has a promotion that allows you to include the drinks for free. They also have a smaller deposit and it's usually fully refundable until the final payment date.
- Holland America is my go-to supplier for Alaska. They basically "owe" the region and their itineraries and prices are great. But they are also great for the Caribbean. They tend to attract a little of an older crowd that expects really good food and incredible service, without being expensive. It's a step before the luxury cruise lines.
- Disney Cruise is overall amazing, can't say enough good things about them - it includes lots of extra things, the entertainment is top-notch and you get the chance to interact with the Disney characters.
I do work with other cruise lines as well but these are usually what I booked that have a good cost x benefit based on the product they offer and the service they provide.