Helping you see the world, one experience at a time.
UNPACK ONCE AND VISIT DIFFERENT CITIES AND EXPERIENCE INCREDIBLE ACTIVITIES.
Cruises are a perfect vacation for anyone who wants the best of both worlds: included meals and activities, but also the opportunity to visit different places. And yes, you only need to unpack once - how cool is that?
Many cruise lines are very focused on families with kids of all ages. They offer activities, kids clubs, pools... some ships have even a waterpark inside! Maybe your family wanna surf on a wave pool, or slide through a transparent tube. Maybe you want to see the magician shows or have dinner with Disney characters. The possibilities are endless!! The family cruises range from basic ships that go 2-3 days to the Bahamas to luxury ones that can go to Alaska, Hawaii or even Europe on a transatlantic. What an experience! No matter your choice, the adventure on the high seas will be unforgettable and a topic of conversation for many and many dinners to come.
From Casinos to comedy shows, to lounges and dance bars, to great spas services and adults-only areas, couples will definitely be entertained. Couples with kids can take advantage of the kids club if their children are old enough or hire a babysitter for a night - and you will be so close that you will be finally able to fully enjoy the night "out".
Some cruise lines offer single staterooms so you don't have to pay an extra fee if you are planning to travel by yourself. Or pick an adult cruise and bring a friend! You will have so much fun with all the activities, shows, bars, lounges, and shore excursions!
I like to say cruises are "very inclusive" instead of "all-inclusive". The main restaurant is included, as well as most of the activities and concerts/shows. Beverages are not included*, tips are not included, and any excursion that you decide to do at the ports.
*Disney Cruise Line includes non-alcoholic beverages in the price!
MOST OF THE LUXURY CRUISE LINES WILL OFFER MORE LIKE DRINKS, GRATUITIES, SHORE EXCURSIONS AND MORE. TO CHECK ON LUXURY CRUISES, CLICK HERE.
IS IT WORTH IT?
The short answer is yes! You get so many things for the price and get to visit different places in a short period of time without all the hassle of handling transportation. Cruises are usually a very good investment. And there are so many options depending on your budget, destinations, travel style, it's hard to mess it up with good planning :-)
WHICH CRUISE LINE IS THE BEST?
Now this is a difficult question! Because it really DEPENDS. The great thing about working with a travel agent like me is that you don't have to be guessing around which one you should go on! With a little bit of information, I will be able to make a recommendation on what feels like a better option for you. But trying to summarize a bit here just to give you an idea:
- Carnival is more budget-friendly, it got a bad reputation from many years ago but they have really stepped up with better ships, better service, and more entertainment.
- Royal Caribbean tends to be a touch more upscale. Some of the ships are more basic and some offer more activities and entertainment which would appeal more for families with kids and teens.
- Norwegian offers basic and different itineraries and is usually the cruise line of choice if interested in beverage packages since it often has a promotion that allows you to include the drinks for free. They also have a smaller deposit and it's usually fully refundable until the final payment date.
- Holland America is my go-to supplier for Alaska. They basically "owe" the region and their itineraries and prices are great. But they are also great for the Caribbean. They tend to attract a little of an older crowd that expect really good food and incredible service, without being expensive. It's a step before the luxury cruise lines.
- Disney Cruise is overall amazing, can't say enough good things about them - it includes lots of extra things, the entertainment is top-notch and you get the chance to interact with the Disney characters.
I do work with other cruise lines as well but these are usually what I booked that have a good cost x benefit based on the product they offer and the service they provide.